(Assuming Competence Today)
Student placements for the 2013-14 school year are now available - download a brochure to find out more!
Our Vision: To provide school-aged individuals with autism, their families, and support team with the tools needed to successfully transition into the general education setting while providing exposure to grade level curriculum and accommodations to support their sensory and communicative needs.
Mission: Assuming Competence Today is committed to helping individuals receive an appropriate education and achieve rich and meaningful relationships with confidence and independence. To this end, ACT School strives to:
- Expose students to grade level academics.
- Teach students how to accept and provide sensory support necessary for them to have functional movement in their everyday lives.
- Teach students how to functionally communicate in a variety of ways, including universal and individualized methods.
- Successfully transition students to a general education classroom at a school in their home district.
- Teach and train district staff on the philosophy and methods used to properly support the student in the classroom.
- Teach families of students with autism how to help promote independence through appropriate individual communication and sensory support at home and in the community.
The ACT Program is approved as a Private Day School through the Arizona Department of Education. Student Placement in ACT may be funded in a variety of ways including District Funding, AZ Private School Tuition Tax Credit Program, Private Pay, and Private Educational Scholarships.
For more information about ACT School or to request an application, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Arizona Private School Tuition Tax Credit
Arizona tax law allows you to make a donation to a private school of your choice for a dollar-for-dollar tax credit up to $500 per individual or $1,000 per married couple. NMTSA's ACT School is eligible for this tax credit program, and donating in this way is quick and easy through School Choice Arizona. (for more information about the private school tuition tax credit, visit the Arizona Department of Revenue website). To donate with a check by mail, download a printable brochure here. Also, check out our video for a special message from ACT School about this vital program.